Co-Founder and CEO
Hotel Not Hotel Amsterdam
9:10 AM Lessons Learnt from Designing a Work of Art with its Own Creator, Story and Identity at Hotel Not Hotel Amsterdam
Hotel Not Hotel is a place in Amsterdam where a room isn’t just a room, but a work of art with its own creator, story, and identity. The experience is part hotel, part art installation. Each room is hidden behind a fantastical facade, making every single one feel like its own special hideaway. With quirky designs, hidden doors and a small van to sleep in, Bruno will enlighten you into how he created this fascinating hotel and what he would do differently for his next creation.
- An overview of choosing a location, getting finance and the development phase of building the hotel.
- Addressing the challenges encountered, what they did wrong, and what they would do differently next time.
- Approaching design in a different way though technology and creating an experience that people love.
- Creating a vision and ensuring it works operationally.
9:00 AM The Fundamentals of Designing a Unique Hotel Experience Through Planning, Funding, Designing and Development
In this hands on workshop, Bruno will facilitate ideas on creating a vision into reality between himself and attendee experiences on lessons leant and inspiring ideas. Work your way through creating a vision, developing a business plan, and tips and tools for creating a unique hotel experience fit for your demographic.
Why you should attend this workshop:
- Collaborate with attendees on lessons learnt in designing and developing a hotel.
- Understanding what works and what doesn’t in terms of the functionality of design.
- Inspiring ideas for the new hotel experience.
- Develop a business plan to ensure financial security and planning.
- Learn how to approach design in a different way to differentiate your hotel and create quirkiness or style.